[arch-dev-public] RFC: crda PKBUILD

Aaron Griffin aaronmgriffin at gmail.com
Sat Nov 29 18:33:02 EST 2008

On Fri, Nov 28, 2008 at 3:18 PM, Tom K <tom at archlinux.org> wrote:
> Thomas Bächler wrote:
>>
>> Jan de Groot schrieb:
>>>
>>> I would be really happy when these git things are put into a tarball and
>>> uploaded to ftp.archlinux.org. For AUR these git/svn/cvs checkout
>>> packages are nice, but I dislike them for core and/or extra. We also
>>> pull CVS for glibc and xulrunner, instead of putting those in the
>>> PKGBUILD, we upload a tarball to FTP.
>>
>> Updated PKGBUILD is here:
>> http://repos.archlinux.org/viewvc.cgi/crda/trunk/PKGBUILD?view=markup
>>
>> 1) I'd like to add this package to core.
>
> +1 for crda in core, with the rest of the wireless support apps.
>>
>> 2) In the future, should it be a depend or optdepend for kernel26?
>>
> I'd say it's an optdepend, as some users don't use wireless.

Couldn't we set it as a dep of the wireless tools? That seems like it
would install for the right people then. Considering you want to shut
things off in the kernel, this will make some (most? no idea) wireless
non-functional without this, right? It seems an optdepend of kernel26
would be easy to miss