[arch-dev-public] request for toolchain signoffs

Dan McGee dpmcgee at gmail.com
Sun Nov 30 16:08:54 EST 2008

On Sun, Nov 30, 2008 at 3:06 PM, Jan de Groot <jan at jgc.homeip.net> wrote:
> On Sun, 2008-11-30 at 19:25 +0100, Andreas Radke wrote:
>> ok, now no major problems so far. at least nothing we can fix (the dns
>> resolving issue http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/12215).
>> so please give me your signoffs to move kernel-headers, glibc,
>> binutils, gcc(.-libs).
>> -Andy
> No major problems with glibc, but should we move this, while we know
> this breaks DNS resolving for people that have a broken DNS server? I
> solved it at the office by installing pdns-recursor and using localhost
> as DNS server, but if this glibc reaches the next installer ISO, it's
> not so easy to install pdns-recursor there, which breaks network
> installations.

I was of the same mindset here- does it kill us to sit on this and
wait for a fix? I'd prefer to not close 5 bugs a day saying "won't
fix", and signing off and moving broken stuff to core seems pretty
sloppy of us from the end user's perspective.


More information about the arch-dev-public mailing list