[arch-dev-public] Archlinux.ca

Dusty Phillips buchuki at gmail.com
Wed Oct 1 18:17:29 EDT 2008

My dear Arch Devs, especially canucks:

I just registered the archlinux.ca domain for my personal use and/or
the use of the Canadian Arch Linux community and/or the use of the
Arch Linux community in general. As you can tell, I haven't really
decided yet but I thought I'd better get it before somebody I don't
like, (or worse, somebody I don't know) did.

I've talked a bit to crouse about his free e-mail stuff on the
archlinux.us domain, and possibly also hosting or subdomains/redirects
on both the .ca and the .us domains. I was chatting with pyther last
night and he had the idea that we may be able to resell hosting
packages with a .archlinux.* subdomain or some such. If we could get
$1 a month or something in Arch donations that would be pretty cool. I
might e-mail linode or slicehost sometime to see if they'd be
interested in working with us on something like this. I'd then include
it into the ever-expanding Arch Schwag offerings.

Let me know if you have ideas for this domain, especially Judd, Jason,
Travis, Thayer, Tobias K (ARE you Canadian yet, dude?), Eric, Kevin,
and any other Canadian Archers/Arch-devs I overlooked.

Dusty