[arch-dev-public] [signoff] dhcpcd 4.0.1-5

James Rayner iphitus at iphitus.org
Sat Oct 4 10:16:42 EDT 2008

On Thu, Sep 25, 2008 at 7:48 PM, Eduardo Romero <k3nsai at gmail.com> wrote:
> Ronald van Haren wrote:
>>
>> please signoff for both archs
>>
>> Ronald
>>

> Yeah, everything is working fine, I can surf the Internet, yay!!!, so
> signoff i686.
>
> Please don't go taking advices from Allan, that is what happens, you have to
> rebuild your package a lot, you know, Allan breaks everything. :P

Signoff x86_64 and i686

.... although....

It'd be worth adding -q and -L to the default conf.d/dhcpcd settings.

-q keeps dhcpcd quiet (3.0 level of verbosity)
-L stops dhcpcd giving itself a stupid zeroconf/bonjour IP (169.x.x.x)
address when regular methods fail. Not only is the zeroconf IP useless
(I don't know anyone who uses it...) it also means that dhcpcd returns
successful when in fact it has failed.

When you move it in, netcfg v2.1.2 needs to be moved as well, as it
depends on dhcpcd 4.