[arch-dev-public] replace gqview and gqview-devel with geeqie

Thu Oct 9 23:12:00 EDT 2008

On Thu, 14 Aug 2008, Eric Belanger wrote:

> On Sat, 19 Jul 2008, Firmicus wrote:
>
>> Tobias Kieslich wrote:
>>> Hi guys just to make that clear,
>>>

>>> 	I'm planning on bringing in the alpha version from april, which
>>> basically is gqview-devel with a view patches that people contributed
>>> and were both tested for a long time and reviewed.
>>>
>>> Actual geegie development stred from there and that is what's in svn
>>> atm. So I don't plan on bringing in svn stuff, only released tarballs.
>>>
>>> 	-T
>>>
>> Sounds all right to me!
>>

> FYI, alpha2 is out. I'll build it and see how it works, i.e., how stable it
> is.

I've been using  geeqie for the last few months and haven't noticed any
problems. I could add it to the repo unless you (Tobias) want to do so.
The question is: Should it replace both gqview and gqview-devel or just
gqview-devel?

believed to be clean.