[arch-dev-public] [signoff] kernel26 2.6.27-1

Thomas Bächler thomas at archlinux.org
Fri Oct 10 11:50:36 EDT 2008

I haven't been able to keep up many of my packages, and I'm sorry. At
least this one was quick. kernel26 and the module packages are up in
testing for both architectures. Here is the bad news:

- gspcav1 has been merged into the kernel, the package can be dropped
- aufs is broken again. I would like to drop it as it breaks constantly
and we have to add three weird and old patches to the kernel so it
works. We seem to be using only unionfs anyway.
- catalyst is broken again. I am not motivated to fix it, so until
someone else does it, it's broken
- intel-536ep and intel-537 are broken. One error was easy to fix, but
the other was not. I won't touch these packages and won't consider them
blockers for the move to core.
- ipw3945 is broken, I could probably fix it, but won't. I will remove
ipw3945 from the repositories
- I didn't look at openswan-klips, but I guess it still won't work. This
has been broken since .24 or so, can we just drop it?
- wlan-ng26 is broken. I could probably fix this as well, but I still
doubt that anyone uses this driver now. If nobody fixes this in time for
the core move, I'll drop the package.

The rest either worked out of the box or I got it fixed.

Along with the kernel and modules comes an updated v86d package that is
a version bump plus a modification to the modprobe.d file that is
necessary because an option of the uvesafb module has been renamed.

The kernel has only been tested on x86_64 here, but it seems this is
much smoother than the last few major kernel updates. Please give feedback.