[arch-dev-public] [signoff] kernel26 2.6.27-1

Sat Oct 11 11:34:48 EDT 2008

On Fri, 10 Oct 2008, Pierre Schmitz wrote:

> Am Freitag 10 Oktober 2008 17:50:36 schrieb Thomas Bächler:
>> Please give feedback.
>
> This seems to be a nice kernel release. suspend is working again for me and
> sata_nv problems are gone, too. So I'll sign this off for i686 and x86_64.
>
> If those old intel modem drivers don't build anymore we should think about
> dropping support for them. I don't think they are widely used these days.

Boths system works fine. signoff for i686 and signoff (with nvidia) for
x86_64.

One issue: it seems that there is a new module for the pc speaker:
snd_pcsp. When it is loaded, udev assign to it devices that are usually
assigned to the sound card (/dev/dsp, etc). If it's loaded before the
souncard module, /dev/dsp will be assign to the pc speaker and /dev/dsp1
will be assigned to the sound card causing some apps to fail using the
sound card. the easiest way to fix it is to blacklist it and to reboot.
That's how I fixed it. I don't have time to investigate that further. BTW,
these's a related thread on the forum:
believed to be clean.