[arch-dev-public] bluez status?
allan at archlinux.org
Thu Oct 16 05:01:17 EDT 2008
> On Tue, 14 Oct 2008 09:35:25 +0200
> Thomas Bächler <thomas at archlinux.org> wrote:
>> Jan de Groot schrieb:
>>> I would like to know the status of bluez in testing at this moment.
>>> GNOME 2.24.0 depends on the testing bluez-libs at this moment, I
>>> would like to move both at the same time.
>>> I lost track of this project, as they're not my packages. Any
>>> rebuilds pending? Any patches we need to apply?
>> bluez needs an update, which I have no time for. Many applications
>> need to be patched to use the new bluez API, which I have no time
>> for. I'd like to orphan bluez completely and let someone else take
>> care of it, as I can't keep up with it. Anyone interested?
> Hi all,
> In the interest of getting this moving and improving Arch, I will
> gladly help someone to get Bluez moved into [core]. I have attempted to
> update the necessary packages (attached). Also, I noticed voidnull
> (Giovanni Scafora) has two bluez related packages in [community] and
> might be a good person to ask questions to.
> ## Notes:
> Thomas has limited time, some rebuilds will be necessary -
> Red Hat should have patches if needed -
> # List of rebuilds needed?:
> gnokii (testing)
> gvfs (testing)
> libbtctl (testing)
> obex-data-server (testing)
> openobex (testing)
> qemu (testing)
> bluez-gnome-1.8 [extra] roman?
> bluez-firmware-1.2 [community] voidnull
> bluez-hcidump-1.42 [community] voidnull
> obexd-0.5 AUR
> # Redundant:
Is anyone going to attempt this rebuild? This is holding up gnome which
is holding up python which means I can't slack of at work doing
rebuilds... I will do these if necessary but I have no way of testing
any of these packages so it would be better if someone else did this.
More information about the arch-dev-public