[arch-dev-public] bluez status?

Jud jud at judfilm.net
Fri Oct 17 00:05:37 EDT 2008

> On Thu, Oct 16, 2008 at 4:01 AM, Allan McRae <allan at archlinux.org>
> wrote:
> > Jud wrote:

> >> Hi all,
> >>
> >> In the interest of getting this moving and improving Arch, I will
> >> gladly help someone to get Bluez moved into [core]. I have
> >> attempted to update the necessary packages (attached). Also, I
> >> noticed voidnull (Giovanni Scafora) has two bluez related packages
> >> in [community] and might be a good person to ask questions to.
> >>
> >> bluez.PKGBUILD
> >> bluez-firmware.PKGBUILD
> >> bluez-gnome.PKGBUILD
> >> bluez-hcidump.PKGBUILD
> >>
> >> ## Notes:
> >> Thomas has limited time, some rebuilds will be necessary -
> >> http://archlinux.org/pipermail/arch-dev-public/2008-September/008251.html
> >> Red Hat should have patches if needed -
> >> http://archlinux.org/pipermail/arch-dev-public/2008-September/008252.html
> >>

> >> # List of rebuilds needed?:
> >> gnokii (testing)
> >> gvfs (testing)
> >> libbtctl (testing)
> >> obex-data-server (testing)
> >> openobex (testing)
> >> qemu (testing)
> >> --
> >> bluez-gnome-1.8 [extra] roman?
> >> bluez-firmware-1.2      [community] voidnull
> >> bluez-hcidump-1.42      [community] voidnull
> >> obexd-0.5                       AUR
> >> --
> >> Needed?
> >> http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/bluetooth/libgdbus-0.2.tar.bz2
> >>

> >> # Redundant:
> >> bluez-libs
> >> bluez-utils
> >>

> > Is anyone going to attempt this rebuild?  This is holding up gnome
> > which is holding up python which means I can't slack of at work
> > doing rebuilds...  I will do these if necessary but I have no way
> > of testing any of these packages so it would be better if someone
> > else did this.
>
> I would say just do it. I don't think any of us regularly use
> bluetooth.

On Thu, 16 Oct 2008 11:24:10 -0500
"Aaron Griffin" <aaronmgriffin at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Oct 16, 2008 at 9:20 AM, Thayer Williams
> <thayer at archlinux.org> wrote:
> > On Thu, Oct 16, 2008 at 4:23 AM, Hugo Doria <hugodoria at gmail.com>
> > wrote:
> >>
> >> Same here. I do not have a way to test it.
> >>
> >> -- Hugo
> >>

> > I have no experience with the bluez stuff, but I do have bluetooth
> > capability on my notebook and WinMo phone. I would be happy to test
> > out any packages if we have a criteria to test against.
>
> Oh hey! My phone supports bluetooth too. I wonder what it'd take to
> have it talk to my laptop...

Just to re-iterate I will help out whoever grabs the reins here.
Attached are some slightly updated PKGBUILDs.

Bluez has moved onto v4.14:-
16th October 2008, 10:30 pm
"This release fixes some issues with the adapter driver handling and a
potential crash with input devices. It also makes sure that the
property types of arrays are correct and the Sony PlayStation3 remote
control should now work again."

bluez.PKGBUILD
bluez-firmware.PKGBUILD
bluez-gnome.PKGBUILD