[arch-dev-public] New 2008.10 archboot test iso/img files
t.powa at gmx.de
Sat Oct 18 02:52:47 EDT 2008
Hi Arch community,
Arch Linux (archboot creation tool) 2008.10, "Nepal" has been released.
This is just a test run if the image files are ok, please give me feedback.
If everything is alright they will be pushed to official mirrors.
Thanks in advance.
- kernel 184.108.40.206 usage
- pacman 3.2.1 usage
- RAM recommendations:
* arch or arch64 boot image
160 MB RAM i686/x86_64 (all packages selected, with swap partition)
* lowmem or lowmem64 boot image
64 MB RAM i686/x86_64 (all packages selected, with swap partition)
- merged in setup changes from installer.git
- merged in documentation changes from installer.git
- changed bootmessages
- changed intel wireless hook to improve boot speed
- fixed quickinst
- added new tz script for setting date, time and zones
- added some fixes to km
- added setup startup on first login
- added km and tz to setup dialogs
- added dmraid dialog for mkinitcpio setup
- added ntp to arch and arch64 install environment
- None ;)
ISO and USB image files are provided, which include
i686 and x86_64 core repository. Please check md5sums before using them.
ISO files are standard CD-burnable images.
- Can be burned to CD(RW) media using most CD-burning utilities.
IMG files are full disk images.
- Intended for use with USB thumb drives.
- Can be raw-written to a drive using 'dd' or similar utilities.
Further documentation can be found on-disk and on the wiki.
Archlinux Developer & Package Maintainer (tpowa)
tpowa at archlinux.org
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Size: 197 bytes
Desc: This is a digitally signed message part.
More information about the arch-dev-public