[arch-dev-public] Did archlinux.org crash while I was asleep or did I dream it??

Dusty Phillips buchuki at gmail.com
Sat Oct 18 12:34:43 EDT 2008

2008/10/18 Dusty Phillips <buchuki at gmail.com>:
> 2008/10/18 Paul Mattal <paul at mattal.com>:
>> Aaron Griffin wrote:

>>> I got the emails too, you're not crazy 8)
>>
>> Entirely possible this had to do with mail queue stuck-age. Jan and I
>> figured out a configuration change that will hopefully reduce the mail delay
>> for mailman mail and he had made those changes sometime around 4am EDT.
>
> I've determined that the errors are legit and I'm able to replicate
> them, I'll fix the bug in an hour or so if I can track it down but I'm
> still unsure why they started happening all of a sudden. Any ideas?

Bug is fixed. The problem is someone is linking to our search page
with an option of "sort=category". I've adjusted it to not allow
sorting by fields that aren't explicitly column headers in the search
page. There has been no category related searching or sorting since
cactus did the newmodel rewrite. The messages are coming from
googlebot, so they must be trying to revive an old cache, or maybe
they just spend their weekends trying to find ways to spam us.

Dusty