[arch-dev-public] What to do with JRE and JDK?

Eduardo Romero k3nsai at gmail.com
Sun Oct 26 12:35:39 EDT 2008

Well, I have been in discussion with Andreas Radke about the JRE and JDK
packages. Here is the thing, they are both greatly outdated, they are at
u7 when the latest is u10, both have a pending bug and a pending feature
request, and both have no maintainer.

I can't take on neither of them, since I don't need them, so I won't
test them after upgrade and bug fixing. The bug that needs fixing is a
very easy one to fix, so no problem from that way, is just the time
which is the problem.

Now, we have an option, should we keep it in extra where some developer
in search of an orphan to adopt for his collection can take care of it,
or should we move it to Community/AUR?