[arch-dev-public] archweb port essentially complete, please test

Dusty Phillips buchuki at gmail.com
Tue Oct 28 10:05:14 EDT 2008

2008/10/22 Dusty Phillips <buchuki at gmail.com>:
> Hey all,
>
> I've finished my first iteration of porting the archweb_pub and
> archweb_dev sites to django-1.0, along with a substantial rewrite of
> several portions of the code, as I mentioned in a previous status
> update. I'm confident the porting part has gone smoothly, but I have
> concerns that I overlooked testing all aspects (as there are no unit
> tests on this project as yet) of the code I rewrote.
>
> As such I'm soliciting developer and community to test both sites. The
> more people that break it, the better I'll feel about putting it into
> production. ;-) I've copied the current archweb database into a
> playground for testing. The two sites can be accessed here:
>
> Public Arch Linux site:
>    http://pub.playground.archlinux.ca/
>
> Developer Arch Linux site:
>    http://dev.playground.archlinux.ca/

Hey all,

Does anyone have any objection to releasing this today or tomorrow?
I've kind of wrapped up my current duties before starting a new job
next week, so I thought now would be a good time -- if there are any
major errors I'll be able to respond to them quickly.

If there's no objection, I need a volunteer with superpowers to help
me do the rollout. We need to take down apache and put up a witty site
downtime message (a la cactus), upgrade django, update the codebase,
and put the site back up. Shouldn't be a major issue, I haven't
touched the database schema so there's no migration involved.

Thanks,

Dusty