[arch-dev-public] [arch-commits] Commit in inkscape/trunk (PKGBUILD)

Ronald van Haren pressh at gmail.com
Thu Sep 4 12:26:01 EDT 2008

On Thu, Sep 4, 2008 at 6:20 PM, Giovanni Scafora <linuxmania at gmail.com> wrote:
> 2008/9/4, Pierre Schmitz <pierre at archlinux.de>:
>>  Do we really need to add dependencies to gnome to inkscape?
>
> Yes.
> I've added that gnome-vfs dependence and that support --with-gnome-vfs
> to avoid crashes importing a PDF file.
> Without it, inkscape crashes when importing a PDF file.
>

> --
> Arch Linux Developer (voidnull)
> AUR & Pacman Italian Translations
> Microdia Developer
> http://www.archlinux.it

is this normal behavior? It might be worth to see if there is a patch
around, if it is an easy fix try to write it ourselves, but at least
file a bug report (if there is none already).
I think a lot of people would rather loose the dependency on gnome if
that is possible. At least keep the option open for the future if it
gets fixed.

Ronald