[arch-dev-public] KDE3 related cleanup

Pierre Schmitz pierre at archlinux.de
Fri Sep 5 17:03:33 EDT 2008

Am Samstag 30 August 2008 18:26:44 schrieb Pierre Schmitz:
> I have also removed knetworkmanager from [community].

Because I got some emails about this, here is my statement about the removal.
(I added some people to BCC) The reason is quite simple: Noone else wanted to
maintain knetworkmanager. Its future is undefined anyway. (no news on their ML
for a long time)

I would recommend the use of netcfg which is more simple, flexible and stable.

PS: The PKGBUILD is still available via CVS:
http://repos.archlinux.org/viewvc.cgi/community/network/knetworkmanager/PKGBUILD?hideattic=0&revision=1.8&root=community&view=markup&pathrev=HEAD
and
http://repos.archlinux.org/viewvc.cgi/community/network/knetworkmanager/policy-
fix.patch?hideattic=0&revision=1.2&root=community&view=markup&pathrev=HEAD

--

Pierre Schmitz

Clemens-August-Straße 76
53115 Bonn