[arch-dev-public] [signoff] udev 128-2

Thomas Bächler thomas at archlinux.org
Fri Sep 12 12:36:25 EDT 2008

Aaron Griffin schrieb:
>>> Also, a x86_64 build would be nice.
>> Changes compared to -1:
>> - Fixed path: /lib/pkgconfig -> /usr/lib/pkgconfig
>> - Rewrote load-modules.sh:
>>  + Fixes http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/10972
>>    This adds a new resolve-modalias binary, which resolves an alias
>>    without resolving the dependencies (modprobe can't do that). If you
>>    have a device which can be used by modules A and B, blacklisting A
>>    will no longer result in B being blacklisted with it.
>>    resolve-modalias has gcc-libs as a dependency, but gcc-libs is in
>>    base anyway, so it shouldn't matter.
>>  + Adds more comprehensive messages to /var/log/everything.log
>>    including a reason why a module hasn't been loaded.
>>  + If you want to disable a device completely, you can blacklist the
>>    modalias to prevent all matching modules from being loaded.
>>  This should make rc.conf blacklisting way more intuitive.
>> - Fixed 80-drivers.rules: This was horribly broken, as modprobe was
>>  often called instead of load-modules.sh and thus blacklisting was
>>  completely disabled in -1,
>> - Add only framebuffer drivers to the framebuffer blacklist, not random
>>  modules containing the string 'fb'
>
> Thanks for the rewrite Thomas. Has this sped anything up for you? I
> know my udev time on boot is usually between 4s and 6s, so I'll see if
> this affects anything when I reboot

3.2 seconds as usual.

However, I now get
Sep 12 18:32:25 artin load-modules.sh: Not loading module '8139cp' for
alias 'pci:v000010ECd00008139sv000017AAsd00002074bc02sc00i00' because it
is blacklisted
in my everything.log. In earlier load-modules version, blacklisting
8139cp would have also disabled 8139too, which is necessary for my LAN.