[arch-dev-public] updating my packages

Paul Mattal paul at mattal.com
Fri Sep 12 13:43:42 EDT 2008

All,

As many of you may have noticed, my time for Arch lately hasn't been so
much. We all go through cycles, this one is going on somewhat longer
than I'd hoped.

Henceforth, embracing the open source way, I'm encourage any developer
who wants to update my packages at any time to do so. I will not be even
slightly offended. It's more important that we all be able to scratch
our own itches when the need arises, and if we don't like the direction
something has gone, we can always talk about it and change it down the
line. You're all developers because we trust your judgement.. feel free
to go with that.

Short version: If you want, update my packages whenever you want,
involving me in whatever way you want, or not at all, in the process. If
you prefer to take over ongoing maintenance of a package, shoot me an email.

Best,
Paul