[arch-dev-public] Problem with web dashboard: massive orphaning of packages

Fri Sep 12 17:09:50 EDT 2008

On Fri, 12 Sep 2008, Aaron Griffin wrote:

> On Fri, Sep 12, 2008 at 2:00 PM, Eric Belanger
> <belanger at astro.umontreal.ca> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I don't know if you remember but a while ago a huge part of extra i686 (IIRC
>> it was all packages from L to Z) were orphaned and erroneouly showing up as
>> recently updated on the web site.  This just happened again with packages in
>> extra x86_64. I don't know what could caused that but it's very annoying as
>> we has to readopt all our packages back.
>
> Did it *just* happen, or did it happen last night?

It was happening when I wrote the email. I think it was still happening
after I sent it. I had readopted all my packages by they were all
orphaned again. I guess it was still in the process of readding them or
doing something.

believed to be clean.