[arch-dev-public] My Saturday Sprints

Thomas Bächler thomas at archlinux.org
Sat Sep 13 03:49:13 EDT 2008

Aaron Griffin schrieb:
> This Saturday, I plan on stabbing at the installer. I already made
> some changes to the archiso scripts last saturday.

Thinking about archiso here. You may want to include this:
http://git.archlinux.de/cgit.cgi?r=archiso-froscon into archiso. Maybe
find a way to automate it using a i686 chroot. Make archiso use its own
clean pacman.conf (I had my iso polluted by weird repositories I have
there) and make sure you can select any mirror (I think at one point
there was something about only being able to use ftp.archlinux.org, and
I had a local mirror in the LAN).

Also, in the archiso-froscon scripts, archlive-$(uname -r).sqfs was
mounted, maybe hardcode the right filename here (we had someone trying
to boot it on i586, which actually worked, but it wouldn't find the
squashfs. Also, if any of the archiso, boot-cd or boot-usb hooks fail,
drop into a ramfs shell instead of panicing.

These are my thoughts on archiso. The installer also needs some
improvement: We now install all of the base group by default. It would
be better that the whole base group is selected by default, but you can
unselect it again in the package list.

My 2 cents for now, maybe I'll post more later.