[arch-dev-public] Add texinfo in base group?

Sun Sep 21 01:19:10 EDT 2008

Hi,

I just want to point out FS#11501.  Basically, as we are now adding info
pages to packages, we are using a .install file which runs install-info.
This tool is part of texinfo. Therefore we should either add a dependency
on texinfo to all these packages or alternatively add texinfo to the
base group.

Personnally, I prefer adding texinfo to the base group. It is simpler and
would make more sense as the tools for the man pages are already in base.
Let me know what you think. texinfo is currently out-of-date so I could do
that change at the same time.

BTW, texinfo provides its own info pages. Currently these files are
included in the package but there's no .install script. If I add a script,
then technically, it'll need to depend on itself. I'm thinking that it
might cause problems for users who are installing it for the first time or
with the installer. I could bypass this issue by not running install-info
on post-install but only on post-upgrade and removal. Any
better idea/comments?

Thanks
Eric

believed to be clean.