[arch-dev-public] [signoff] dhcpcd 4.0.1-2

Ronald van Haren pressh at gmail.com
Thu Sep 25 08:32:58 EDT 2008

On Thu, Sep 25, 2008 at 2:14 PM, Dan McGee <dpmcgee at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 25, 2008 at 5:37 AM, Ronald van Haren <pressh at gmail.com> wrote:
>> please signoff for both architectures.
>>
>> # changes wrt to dhcpcd3 series:
>> August 2008 sees the first release of dhcpcd-4. The new version moves
>> all configuration to /libexec/dhcpcd-run-hooks,
>
> Is this the case in our package? We never use libexec in Arch, so I
> think we need to do something here.
>
>> apart from interface
>> address and routing. We also use the same variables as dhclient which
>> means existing custom scripts for dhclient can readily work with
>> dhcpcd with minimal tweaking. Also, the dhcpcd internals have been
>> re-worked around a table setup to extract options directly from the
>> DHCP message instead of populating a custom object and dealing with
>> that. Finally, NetworkManager-0.7.0 works with dhcpcd-4 when built
>> with --with-dhcp-client=dhcpcd. NetBSD -current (4.99.72) imports
>> dhcpcd-4.0.0-rc4 into their base system Smiling
>>
>> the hooks file location are changed to /usr/libexec in the package.
>>
>> Ronald

As I said I moved the location to /usr/libexec, so the scheme is like this:

dhcpcd /usr/libexec/
dhcpcd /usr/libexec/dhcpcd-hooks/
dhcpcd /usr/libexec/dhcpcd-hooks/01-test
dhcpcd /usr/libexec/dhcpcd-hooks/10-mtu
dhcpcd /usr/libexec/dhcpcd-hooks/20-resolv.conf
dhcpcd /usr/libexec/dhcpcd-hooks/30-hostname
dhcpcd /usr/libexec/dhcpcd-run-hooks

On my system there is already a kde and maxima directory in
/usr/libexec so it seemed a correct location to me.

If you think the files should be in another location, let me know and
I can get it there. It is an easy fix as I already patched it to go to
/usr/libexec instead of /libexec.

Ronald