[arch-dev-public] [core] Updated Upstream URLs and Package Descriptions - 20080929

Dan McGee dpmcgee at gmail.com
Mon Sep 29 08:52:31 EDT 2008

Wow, you sunk a lot of time into this. :)

On Mon, Sep 29, 2008 at 6:31 AM, Jud <jud at judfilm.net> wrote:
> Hi Devs,
>
> I have been looking at the Arch [core] packages and have noticed some
> issues, could you please take at look and where possible rectify them
> as soon as possible? Thank-you. <Arch Linux>

> Dan McGee
> dash
> Update Description?: A POSIX-compliant shell that aims to be as small
> as possible without sacrificing speed

The upstream description from the website is basically what I have now
(http://gondor.apana.org.au/~herbert/dash/), so I'm actually going to
leave it.

A lot of these suggestions look great, but we don't need to pedantic
here with our exact casing in case people can't figure out the
often-stupid naming schemes of their favorite programs. Another thing
to keep in mind- any description that includes the name of the package
or starts with "<packagename> is..." is too verbose. Keeping
descriptions to one line is also ideal as it keeps -Ss output clean.

-Dan