[arch-dev-public] ttf-linux-libertine

Ronald van Haren pressh at gmail.com
Mon Apr 6 04:42:36 EDT 2009

On 4/6/09, Firmicus <Firmicus at gmx.net> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'd like to bring ttf-linux-libertine from community to extra. It is an
> excellent, general-purpose Open-Type serif font. It has 84 votes on AUR.
>
> Is that ok with you?
>
> Firmicus

Your message got me looking at the fonts currently in the extra repo.
There are quite a few fonts there of which I've never heard of, and
quite a few of them are orphans. Not sure if they deserve their place
in extra as I'm not an artistic type of guy who does a lot with fonts
and such, but how about swapping some of them with the most popular
fonts in community (liberation, freefont, inconsolata and libertine)?
All these seem to be maintained by developers anyway so it won't
increase workload.

Ronald