[arch-dev-public] new package: xf86-video-intel-legacy

Pierre Schmitz pierre at archlinux.de
Mon Apr 6 18:26:40 EDT 2009

Am Montag 06 April 2009 14:20:50 schrieb Jan de Groot:
> I hope this driver can replace the need for the old i915 repository
> maintained by a community member. If this is the case, expect
> xorg-server 1.6 to be moving to extra soon.

This driver does work a lot better. Still slower than pure framebuffer and
some artefacts but indeed usable.

When moving this to extra with the new kernel we should post an
anouncement, that users of at least 855GM (and maybe others) have to
change to that legacy driver as xf86-video-intel does not produce any
usefull output at all; X is completly broken.

--

Pierre Schmitz

Clemens-August-Straße 76
53115 Bonn