[arch-dev-public] Status of MySQL

Douglas Soares de Andrade dsandrade at gmail.com
Fri Apr 10 06:29:50 EDT 2009

Hi guys,

Im having a really hard time with myodbc update (as it is the only dep for the
move to extra).

Well, all i have to say is that i does not work at all with the latest mysql
5.1, so this is a stopper 'til the release of myodbc 5.1.6.

So, what do i do ? Can i move mysql and all its things to extra ? We will have
to wait mysql devs ?

<furious_mode>
Everything done by mysql (except the server) is a HELL to build, i really hope
postgresql take over it someday. Release mysql 5.1 without testing myodbc
compatibility - #MEGAULTRAFAIL
</furious_mode>

Well, now that im feeling way better, what should we do ?