[arch-dev-public] Updating ardour

Allan McRae allan at archlinux.org
Fri Apr 10 10:27:07 EDT 2009

Hi all,

Due to popular request, I have been updating some of the audio software
in our repos.  Updated versions of jack-audio-connection-kit and
qjackctl are in [testing] so test them out.

The update for ardour is slightly more annoying.  The download page on
the main site stops direct downloads of the source in an attempt to get
donations.  The source is still GPL so I can just put it on
ftp.archlinux.org/other, but bypassing their download script seems not
nice...  It also requires a few new deps added to [extra].  At least,
slv2 (and lv2) is required.  Adding rubberband (and its vamp-plugin-sdk
dep???) would also be a nice addition to the package.  Any objections to
all this?

Allan