[arch-dev-public] python-2.6.2 and files in /usr/lib/python2.5

Jan de Groot jan at jgc.homeip.net
Sun Apr 19 12:17:48 EDT 2009

On Sat, 2009-04-18 at 21:00 +1000, Allan McRae wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have just put python-2.6.2-1 into [testing].  This remove the
> python-2.5 compatibility sitepath so anything not rebuilt since
> python-2.6 was release will be broken.  The list of broken packages as
> of yesterday is in FS#13831
> (http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/13831?getfile=3375).
>
> Note that these don't need built against the python in [testing] to be
> fix, just rebuilt against an python-2.6 package.

While you're updating python, could you also
link /usr/lib/libpython2.6.so to the path where libpython2.6.a is
located inside the package? I did this in my build chroots, and it
causes applications to link dynamic instead of static against the python
library. Without this, inkscape won't even link to libpython at all.