[arch-dev-public] ffmpeg and x264 update/rebuild in testing

Eric Bélanger snowmaniscool at gmail.com
Mon Apr 20 00:56:43 EDT 2009

Hi,

I've just put an updated ffmpeg and x264 in testing. I've updated
ffmpeg to the latest stable version (0.5) that was released recently
and x264 was updated to the latest snapshot. The x264 library has a
soname bump so the following packages have been rebuilt:

mplayer
avidemux
gstreamer0.10-bad-plugins
vlc
opal

Because the ffmpeg version scheme change (20090217 -> 0.5) was causing
problem on pacman update, I also had to rebuild the following packages
to change their ffmpeg versioned dependency:

cmus
k3b
motion
nuvexport
sox
transcode
xine-lib

Some notes:

- nuvexport was out-of-date so I updated it.
- Concerning mplayer, I haven't done any changes related to the GUI.
However,  I changed the  libcaca makedepends to a depends.

Please test and report any problems.