[arch-dev-public] Resigning

Aaron Griffin aaronmgriffin at gmail.com
Mon Apr 20 13:49:21 EDT 2009

On Sun, Apr 19, 2009 at 5:08 AM, Tom K <tomk at runbox.com> wrote:
> Hi all.
>
> The practical effect of this message is precisely nothing, as I have been
> inactive for quite a while now. For the last few months, real life has been
> increasingly demanding, but I was hoping I would find a way to accommodate
> Arch activities alongside the usual chaos and mayhem.
>
> It's now clear that this is not going to happen any time soon, so I've
> orphaned my remaining packages, and I'm now returning the key to the Arch
> executive washroom.
>
> I hope to return at some point, but I can't say when that will be. Being an
> Arch dev has been a revelation to me, and it has been wonderful working with
> you all. I will continue to be a keen Arch user, and will do my best to
> contribute in some capacity, as time permits.
>
> I would like to retain my subscription to this list, read-only of course,
> and I will discuss my status as forum mod and irc op with the respective
> teams.
>
> I have no doubt that Arch will continue to thrive, guided by an
> extraordinarily committed dev team, and supported by an enthusiastic user
> community. I wish you all the very best of luck.

Hang on a sec, let me dry my tears. :(

Seriously, though, it's sad to see you go. But such is that way of
open source. People come and go. You will be missed, and we'll welcome
you back if you ever get the time again.

And I fully understand the real-life obligations. I've been slacking
myself for about a month now, due to real life. Don't worry, it's
something we all know.

> Go n-eírí an bóthar leat

Erm? Welsh? Gaelic?