[arch-dev-public] devtools, archiso, et al

Aaron Griffin aaronmgriffin at gmail.com
Mon Apr 20 17:15:09 EDT 2009

On Sat, Apr 18, 2009 at 1:25 AM, Allan McRae <allan at archlinux.org> wrote:
> Eric Bélanger wrote:
>>
>> On Fri, Apr 17, 2009 at 2:51 PM, Eric Bélanger <snowmaniscool at gmail.com>
>> wrote:

>>> Maybe it would be simpler to just push a new devtools package with
>>> only the fix to use aufs2 instead of unionfs to get this out of the
>>> way. After that, we could look into releasing a new tarball from git.
>>>

> I have built quite a few packages with the build tools (including my patch)
> now and they seem to be working fine.  Have not tested the upload scripts at
> all, but I think they are less changed.  I think a new release should not be
> too risky.

Maybe we could back out the community changes for now, and release.
Dan, opinions? I'm assuming that the community move is still a ways
away (blame me), so waiting for this might not be worth it.

>> On a related note: What are we going to do with the unionfs-utils
>> package? Remove it? It's out-of-date and on the licence rebuild list.
>>

> I'd guess remove it.  Is it of any use at all now?

Considering our kernel doesn't support unionfs (which is mostly
supplanted by aufs anyway), it isn't of any use to us, but would make
sense in the AUR for those who include unionfs in their custom
kernels.