[arch-dev-public] Nautilus extension for packages
kpiche at rogers.com
Mon Apr 20 22:38:41 EDT 2009
For fun I hacked together a Nautilus extension to add an extra file
property page for pacman packages. I've got a binary package cleverly
called nautilus-pacman available at
use my repo:
Server = http://kpiche.archlinux.ca/repo
The package also adds a mime type and a mime type icon. Install then
logout & login or run 'nautilus -q'.
No source yet as I wish to scan for embarrassments first. :)
Some notes and things I found out:
- It's not amazingly useful since most of us probably use the CLI and
don't manage packages with a file manager. Could add some "Install"
context menus later perhaps.
- The property page is ugly, sorry. not sure the best way to display
the other package attributes just yet
- No i18n
- The extra mime bits are not tied to Nautilus and should be in a
- libalpm could use a pkgconfig file for use in autoconf.
- You can't initialize, release, then initialize the library in the same
instance of a program. Took a while to find those SIG11's.
- Curious if we have a logo that would look better as an icon, maybe an
K. Piche <kpiche at rogers.com>
More information about the arch-dev-public