[arch-dev-public] Fixing licenses / sources

Phil Dillon-Thiselton dibblethewrecker at gmail.com
Wed Apr 22 11:18:40 EDT 2009

2009/4/19 Eric Bélanger <snowmaniscool at gmail.com>:
> On Fri, Mar 13, 2009 at 4:08 AM, Phil Dillon-Thiselton
> <dibblethewrecker at gmail.com> wrote:
>> 2009/3/13 Eric Bélanger <snowmaniscool at gmail.com>:
>>>
>>> Thanks.
>>>
>>> I've made a list of packages with missing licenses.  I still found the
>>> errors.txt too cluttered (list packages with non-(L)GPL license and
>>> for both arches) so I just used the abs tree on x86_64.  Some
>>> i686-only packages might be missing but I'll add them later as there's
>>> plenty to do for now.  The list :
>>> http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/User:Snowman/License_Rebuild_TODO
>>>
>>> Just add your name beside the packages you plan to do. Better take a
>>> dozen or so at a time.  Once they're done, remove them from the list.
>>> If they cause problems (soname bump, doesn't build/work, etc), skip
>>> them and replace your name with a note explaning the problem. You can
>>> try to find a patch or a fix but don't spend too much time on that.
>>> Better focus on the easy ones for now. We'll deal with the problematic
>>> ones later.
>>>
>>> Eric
>>>

>> Can I just take t* for starters, please?  That's about 13 pkgs and
>> seems as a good a set as any.
>>

> Did you had time to fix these?  Apart for some exceptions, only the
> t's and the v-z's are remaining.

Hello!

Sorry, I have been completely unavailable due to an unplanned and
sudden loss of job situation!  Obviously this couldn't have come at a
worse time as I was just settling back in!

Are all the t's still need to be done?

Epic fail on my part I know but I did manage to keep my job.  So, not all bad!