[arch-dev-public] [arch-commits] Commit in htdig/trunk (PKGBUILD)

Andrea Scarpino andrea at archlinux.org
Sat Apr 25 11:44:16 EDT 2009

> Installing into /srv/ is no different than installing into /home/,
> IMO. It might be worse as it presents a relatively big security risk
> for those that do run public facing services, and suddenly a new
> script has been made available for web site users to run.

if you think so I could change this line
  ln -s /srv/http/cgi-bin/htsearch ${pkgdir}/usr/bin || return 1
  mv ${pkgdir}/srv/http/cgi-bin/{htsearch,qtest} ${pkgdir}/usr/bin || return 1

anyway I watched htdig-3.2.0_beta6-r3.ebuild from gentoo to make this
package and gentoo dev install that file in /var/www/localhost/cgi-bin

--
Andrea `BaSh` Scarpino
Arch Linux Developer