[arch-dev-public] go-openoffice to testing/extra

Eduardo Romero k3nsai at gmail.com
Wed Apr 29 10:41:49 EDT 2009

On Saturday 18 April 2009 10:41:07 am Douglas Soares de Andrade
wrote:
> Em Sábado 18 Abril 2009, às 11:37:51, Eduardo Romero escreveu:
> > On Thursday 16 April 2009 04:21:40 pm Andreas Radke wrote:
> > > Any objections adding go-openoffice?
> > >
> > > -Andy
> >
> > I think, go-oo should replace ooo vanilla in the near future, all
major
> > distributions are doing so, but that is not the sole reason, it has
> > better integration, more fixes, more functionality, less patches to
apply
> > and will help the end-user at the end.
>
> +1000 for that
I have to disagree with myself this time, I have installed the go-
openoffice in testing, and it offers less functionality a than vanilla
openoffice. I can't create tables, opening documents with tables reveal
no tables at all, and worst of all, I can;t open openxml documents,
which is the key feature of go-oo.

Can anyone confirm this? It is hurting me a lot, since I rely heavily on
an office suite for work.
--
Thanks,

Eduardo "kensai" Romero