[arch-dev-public] [signoff] sed-4.2-1
allan at archlinux.org
Thu Apr 30 08:51:57 EDT 2009
- licence GPL3
- added acl dep
- added gettext makedep
- install script for info page
Upstream release notes:
* now released under GPLv3
* added a new extension `z` to clear pattern space even in the presence
of invalid multibyte sequences
* a preexisting GNU gettext installation is needed in order to compile
GNU sed with NLS support
* new option --follow-symlinks, available when editing a file in-place.
This option may not be available on some systems (in this case, the
option will *not* be a no-op; it will be completely unavailable).
In the future, the option may be added as a no-op on systems without
symbolic links at all, since in this case a no-op is effectively
indistinguishable from a correct implementation.
* hold-space is reset between different files in -i and -s modes.
* multibyte processing fixed
* the following GNU extensions are turned off by --posix: options [iImMsSxX]
in the `s' command, address kinds `FIRST~STEP' and `ADDR1,+N' and
line address 0, `e' or `z' commands, text between an `a' or `c' or `i'
command and the following backslash, arguments to the `l' command.
--posix disables all extensions to regular expressions.
* fixed bug in 'i\' giving a segmentation violation if given alone.
* much improved portability
* much faster in UTF-8 locales
* will correctly replace ACLs when using -i
* will now accept NUL bytes for `.'
More information about the arch-dev-public