[arch-dev-public] [signoff] e2fsprogs 1.41.8-2, util-linux-ng-2.16-1

Roman Kyrylych roman.kyrylych at gmail.com
Sun Aug 2 14:16:08 EDT 2009

On Sun, Aug 2, 2009 at 20:32, Roman Kyrylych<roman.kyrylych at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Aug 1, 2009 at 21:20, Dan McGee<dpmcgee at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Sat, Aug 1, 2009 at 8:54 AM, Jan de Groot<jan at jgc.homeip.net> wrote:
>>> Please signoff for both architectures.
>>>
>>> e2fsprogs:
>>> Build without libuuid, libblkid, fsck and uuidd, depend on util-linux-ng
>>>
>>> util-linux-ng:
>>> Include libuuid, libblkid, fsck and uuidd, don't depend on e2fsprogs
>>>
>>> These updates include the new libblkid library, which makes libvolume_id
>>> which is included in udev obsolete.
>>
>> Signoff x86_64
>
> No signoff from me yet.
> This update gives me the following message:
> mkswap: /dev/mapper/swap: Warning: don't erase bootbits sectors on
> whole disk. Use -f to force.
>
> My swap which is configured in this way:
> http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/LUKS#Encrypting_swap_partition
>
> Changes to initscripts are needed.

The change was introduced by this commit:
http://git.kernel.org/?p=utils/util-linux-ng/util-linux-ng.git;a=commit;h=ff3bed806863d1c2075d0efda70b39ea6af9ecba
(BTW, I don't have vol_id command on my system :-/)

I've attached the fix for initscripts.
Thomas, can you confirm  that this is valid solution?

--
Roman Kyrylych (Роман Кирилич)