[arch-dev-public] ruby-1.9 rebuilds

Allan McRae allan at archlinux.org
Sun Aug 2 19:51:03 EDT 2009

Giovanni Scafora wrote:
> 2009/8/1, Allan McRae <allan at archlinux.org>:
>
>>  weechat - seems not compatible.  Disable plugin?
>>

> I just tried building weechat against ruby-1.9.1_p129-2 in testing and
> I've got the following issue at configure:
>
> *** Ruby header file couldn't be found in your system.
> *** Try to install them with your software package manager.
> *** WeeChat will be built without Ruby support.
>
> BTW, it builds fine with or without Ruby support.
> So, I also could disable the useless ruby plugin.
> Let me know your opinions.

Disabling the plugin seems to be the only option here.  Even after
adjusting the header dection to get this to try to build, there are some
errors during compilation.  It appears the person who submitted the ruby
plugin upstream no longer maintains it and the lead dev does not know
ruby so I don't see this being fixed anytime soon...

Allan