[arch-dev-public] [signoff] licenses 2.5

Dan McGee dpmcgee at gmail.com
Sun Aug 2 22:07:29 EDT 2009

On Tue, Jun 16, 2009 at 8:31 AM, Dan McGee<dpmcgee at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 16, 2009 at 7:52 AM, Allan McRae<allan at archlinux.org> wrote:
>> Dan McGee wrote:

>>> Ugh, really? I'm an idiot and never actually installed the package,
>>> and no, pacman-git doesn't handle it any better...
>>>
>>> I'll rebuild with the links pointing the other way again, and then
>>> make a decision from there. This case doesn't seem hard but I believe
>>> it is one of our rather tricky "a lot of ways to do it wrong" ones.
>>>

>> Is this being rebuilt or are we going to -Sf this?
>
> I suck. If someone else wants to simply put the symlinks back the way
> they were in the previous package and rebuild, that should "fix" the
> issues. Looking at the diff should make it fairly obvious what to do,
> I just haven't had the time.

So sorry for dragging this out so long. This looks like we are going
to have to do an -Sf operation, only because one of the licenses went
from not having versions to being versioned, which would require at
least one symlink/directory flipflop anyway.

Does anyone have objections with posting a news item on this one
advertising the force, and calling it a day?

-Dan