[arch-dev-public] makepkg.conf settings - Was:[signoff] pacman 3.3.0

Allan McRae allan at archlinux.org
Sun Aug 2 23:36:53 EDT 2009

Dan McGee wrote:
> Allan (and others)- I added a carbon copy version of makepkg.conf to
> SVN. Do we want to establish (1) Arch LDFLAGS or (2) Arch integrity
> check policy?

Here go my recommendations:

1) Arch LDFLAGS:  -Wl,--hash-style=gnu -Wl,--as-needed
There are very few problems with --as-needed these days and several
other distros are using it to.  You can always do an somthing like
export LDFLAGS="" if it fails (much like is done when our CFLAGS cause
issues.  The -Wl,--hash-style=gnu will cause us not to have sysv hashes
in our packages (we currently patch gcc to have both so building without
makepkg will be unaffected).

2) Arch integrity check policy.  This is the default checksum produced
with "makepkg -g".  Stick with md5sum or go to sha256?  I don't care but
md5sum has collisions so maybe sha256 is the way to go.

Allan