[arch-dev-public] Arch minimum kernel version (was: [signoff] udev-145-1)

Dan McGee dpmcgee at gmail.com
Mon Aug 3 11:29:02 EDT 2009

2009/8/3 Angel Velásquez <angvp at archlinux.com.ve>:
>> I'll shoot an email to Slicehost on my behalf to see what kernels they
>> have available. What other VPS providers offer Arch? It isn't a tough
>> thing to find out how much we can get away with here.
>> -Dan
> I think SevenL networks (who provide services to us) offers Arch...
> Doing a search on google "archlinux hosting" [1] I found some
> companies that I didn't notice of their existence in fact.

Got a response from Slice:
The following kernels are available for your slice to upgrade. Please
let us know and we can take care of that for you.
2.6.24 - 23.48
2.6.24 - 24.55

I believe these should be Ubuntu kernel versions; I'm seeing right now
what they actually include as it might include a fully working

If anyone wants to contact some other providers (especially if you are
already using their services) and post the response here, that would
be cool.