[arch-dev-public] Moving DB scripts live

Eric Bélanger snowmaniscool at gmail.com
Mon Aug 3 19:38:32 EDT 2009

On Mon, Aug 3, 2009 at 7:05 PM, Aaron Griffin<aaronmgriffin at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 3, 2009 at 6:03 PM, Eric Bélanger<snowmaniscool at gmail.com> wrote:

>>> Was just talking to Thomas about this - I don't think testing2x was
>>> changed to work this way.
>>
>> I guess that it's not fixed yet.  There seem to be 'any' support in
>> db-move however. Is that completed? Can I use it to move an 'any'
>> package from testing to extra?
>
> Yep, it should work fine.

It seem to have worked fine.  BTW, why don't we create testing2coreany
and testing2extraany scripts?  It would be be more convenient than
using db-move directely.

Probably we would want to combine all these scripts into a single one
that would take care of all arches. Maybe this would work (untested):

================
#!/bin/bash

if [ $# -le 0 ]; then
    echo "usage: $(basename 0) <packagename> [<packagename> [<packagename ...]]"
    exit 0
fi

for pkg in $@; do
    echo "==> Moving package '$pkg'"
    $(dirname $0)/db-move "$pkg" "testing" "core" "i686"
    $(dirname $0)/db-move "$pkg" "testing" "core" "x86_64"
    $(dirname $0)/db-move "$pkg" "testing" "core" "any"
done