[arch-dev-public] Default LDFLAGS for official packages

Dan McGee dpmcgee at gmail.com
Wed Aug 12 08:24:21 EDT 2009

On Wed, Aug 12, 2009 at 4:19 AM, Allan McRae<allan at archlinux.org> wrote:
> Thomas Bächler wrote:
>>
>> I think we should agree on a default LDFLAGS setting for our official
>> packages. In the pacman signoff thread, it was suggested to use
>> -Wl,--as-needed and later also -Wl,--no-undefined (and more). Can we compose
>> a default LDFLAGS line that we all should use?
>>

> I will again propose:
> -Wl,--hash-style=gnu -Wl,--as-needed
>
> Last time I tried, --no-undefined broke quite a few packages so I don't
> think it is ready for general use yet.

I'm fine with whatever people decide, I would only recommend it make
it into the pacman package by way of being in the default makepkg.conf
included there. Whoever wants to make the update is more than welcome
to, and we can either rebuild right away or hold off for a bit (3.3.1
is likely ~2 weeks away).

-Dan