[arch-dev-public] Ohloh

Roman Kyrylych roman.kyrylych at gmail.com
Wed Aug 12 13:11:23 EDT 2009

On Wed, Aug 12, 2009 at 19:08, Dusty Phillips<dusty at linux.ca> wrote:
> 2009/8/12 Aaron Griffin <aaronmgriffin at gmail.com>:
>> On Wed, Aug 12, 2009 at 4:39 AM, Dieter Plaetinck<dieter at plaetinck.be> wrote:

>>> Oh I didn't even know there were two projects.
>>> My only point was: it's stupid to even try to "rank" contributors because there are no sensible criteria to do so.
>>> the fact that it puts me on top is a great demonstration of my point.
>>>
>>> So whatever.. don't take ohloh too seriously.
>>
>> Hang on, I'm gonna go make some documentations changes and commit
>> every word I change. Take THAT!
>
> Oh yeah? Well I'm going to UNDO your changes and commit every LETTER I
> change. HAH!

Of course I do agree that rating contribution automatically
cannot be taken seriously.
Still, it does provide some statistics (not only for projects,
but for contributors too).
The case with Dieter is simple - he did the most commits
to projects.archlinux.org over relatively short period.
I did around 20 commits in one day to NagVis project
(paid work on my job) and got +399 kudo positions
in Ohloh's global rank. :-P

I am thinking about merging Arch Linux Projects
into Arch Linux.

--
Roman Kyrylych (Роман Кирилич)