[arch-dev-public] PHP 5.3 in [testing]
pierre at archlinux.de
Sun Aug 16 07:19:48 EDT 2009
will move a first set of PHP 5.3 packages to testing.This is a major update
which might break some scripts but at least the configuration file php.ini
will need a manual update.
And instead of abusing optdepends there are now separate packages for some
optional modules like the one for postgresql etc..
* update your php.ini
* module path is now /usr/lib/php/modules
* session, mbstring and zlib are now built in
* the fileinfo module is now built in and no longer a separate package
* mysqlnd is anabled; so libmysqlclient is no longer needed
* Setting default-character-set in my.cnf causes encoding problems
* Set date.timezone in php.ini
* third party extensions need to be updated
* the Suhosin 0.9.8 is included; please read
* There are also new versions of the suhosin and apc extension
make sure to review their configuration as well
PHP was split into the following packages:
Note that for using php on a webserver you either need the cgi or apache sapi.
The sqlite package includes the sqlite3 drivers; the legacy sqlite2 drive is
included in the php package itself.
Any feedback is welcome,
Pierre Schmitz, http://users.archlinux.de/~pierre
More information about the arch-dev-public