[arch-dev-public] [signoff] kernel26 2.6.30.5-1

Thomas Bächler thomas at archlinux.org
Mon Aug 17 10:37:51 EDT 2009

Another upstream release, please sign off.

This also "fixes" the recent local root exploit, although (I like to
repeat that), it was NOT exploitable on our 2.6.30.4 kernel unless you
explicitly ran "echo 0 > /proc/sys/vm/mmap_min_addr". However, the .30.5
kernel is safe from this exploit even if you run that command.

I only built x86_64 so far, will do i686 in a minute (takes forever to
build though). And - with our recent mirror trouble - it might take a
while to propagate through the tubes.