[arch-dev-public] problem with db-update

Firmicus Firmicus at gmx.net
Wed Aug 19 16:08:57 EDT 2009

The db-update script drives me crazy tonight.

I have updated and commited the pkg asymptote but for some obscure
reason db-update stubbornly refuses to add it to the repo.

First it worked for x86_64 but failed for i686. I found that this was
due to a bug in makepkg that does not recreate .PKGINFO when repackaging
with option -R (a patch for this was submitted by Allan yesterday I
think). In any case, I have just rebuilt it the old way, ran "extrapkg"
again, but lo an behold, db-update keeps giving me the same damned error
message:

[francois at gerolde ~]$ /arch/db-extra
Updating DB for extra-i686
==> Copying DB file from 'extra'...
==> Processing 1 new/updated packages for repository 'extra'...
Checked out revision 50068.
    Validating package arch (i686) asymptote
    Checking SVN for asymptote
    WARNING: asymptote-1.83-3-i686.pkg.tar.gz does not match PKGBUILD in
extra-i686
Errors found when adding packages
Updating DB for extra-x86_64
No packages to add