[arch-dev-public] problem with db-update
a.radke at arcor.de
Wed Aug 19 16:19:25 EDT 2009
Am Wed, 19 Aug 2009 15:12:59 -0500
schrieb Aaron Griffin <aaronmgriffin at gmail.com>:
> On Wed, Aug 19, 2009 at 3:08 PM, Firmicus<Firmicus at gmx.net> wrote:
> > The db-update script drives me crazy tonight.
> > I have updated and commited the pkg asymptote but for some obscure
> > reason db-update stubbornly refuses to add it to the repo.
> > First it worked for x86_64 but failed for i686. I found that this
> > was due to a bug in makepkg that does not recreate .PKGINFO when
> > repackaging with option -R (a patch for this was submitted by Allan
> > yesterday I think). In any case, I have just rebuilt it the old
> > way, ran "extrapkg" again, but lo an behold, db-update keeps giving
> > me the same damned error message:
> > [francois at gerolde ~]$ /arch/db-extra
> > Updating DB for extra-i686
> > ==> Copying DB file from 'extra'...
> > ==> Processing 1 new/updated packages for repository 'extra'...
> > Checked out revision 50068.
> > Validating package arch (i686) asymptote
> > Checking SVN for asymptote
> > WARNING: asymptote-1.83-3-i686.pkg.tar.gz does not match
> > PKGBUILD in extra-i686
> > Errors found when adding packages
> > Updating DB for extra-x86_64
> > No packages to add
> The PKGBUILD in asymptote/repos/extra-i686 is for 1.83-2. This most
> likely indicates a failed merge or commit by extrapkg. Try this:
> cd asymptote/repos
> svn revert -R extra-i686
> cd ..
> svn up
> cd trunk
> archrelease extra-i686
it happens quiet often to me lately too. no idea why. doing "archco
foo" and then extrapkg the x86_64 from trunk. then i build the i686 and
do extrapkg again. i haven't found out what causes it sometimes to fail
and sometimes to work.
More information about the arch-dev-public