[arch-dev-public] [signoff] udev-145-1

Jan de Groot jan at jgc.homeip.net
Sun Aug 23 08:46:40 EDT 2009

On Sun, 2009-08-02 at 21:08 +0200, Tobias Powalowski wrote:
> Hi
> bump to latest udev version, please test it well.
> Has many new things included, which also dig in glib2 and libusb depend.
>
> greetings
> tpowa

To bump this thread:

- udev 145 contains .la files, they should be removed
- Allan has to patch glibc to support older kernels with signalfd

When this is done, we need to move:
- e2fsprogs
- util-linux-ng
- udev
- hal
- initscripts
- glibc

I don't know what's allan's schedule is for this, but I could release a
glibc package with just that patch included. We have quite some stuck
packages due to the old util-linux-ng and udev in core at this moment.