[arch-dev-public] Integrity Check i686 07-08-2009

Xavier shiningxc at gmail.com
Fri Aug 28 12:22:08 EDT 2009

On Tue, Aug 11, 2009 at 6:25 PM, Aaron Griffin<aaronmgriffin at gmail.com> wrote:

>> Well this is completely broken now, mainly because of split packages
>> (and maybe also a bit because of 'any').
>> I think this should be disabled for now, supporting split does not
>> seem easy at all.
>>
>> As a sidenote, dependencies can also be checked on sync dbs level, for
>> example testdb supports this :
>>> testdb core extra community
>> Checking the integrity of the sync databases in /var/lib/pacman/
>> missing dependency for archboot : libdownload>=1.3-3
>> missing dependency for archboot : vim>=7.2.234-1
>> missing dependency for eclipse-ve : eclipse<3.3
>> missing dependency for id3lib-rcc : gcc34
>
> Are you saying we should swap out the integrity check for testdb for
> the time being?

Yes this is what I was suggesting. but I might have been too
pessimistic. After finding the right trick, it was not so difficult to
support split.

but "testdb core extra community" might still be a good complement.
Even if it is much more basic and only checks missing depends, it
might even be more relevant because it checks the actual databases in
use (and so indirectly the packages).
And it highlights the packages which are not installable via pacman -S.