[arch-dev-public] [signoff] libarchive 2.7.1-1

Xavier shiningxc at gmail.com
Sat Aug 29 14:20:19 EDT 2009

On Sat, Aug 29, 2009 at 6:23 PM, Roman Kyrylych<roman.kyrylych at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 28, 2009 at 01:32, Thomas Bächler<thomas at archlinux.org> wrote:
>> Upstream release, signoff please.
>
> Doesn't seem to break anything here.
> Signed off x86_64.
> BTW, is /usr/lib/libarchive.la really needed for something?
>
> --
> Roman Kyrylych (Роман Кирилич)

it is written in the pkgbuild :
# pacman.static build fails unless we keep the libtool files (or unless we link
# the missing symbols inside the libarchive .a static lib, but that is dirty)
options=(libtool)

though pacman.static is no longer in pacman package, but afaik there
is a pacman-static package on aur.

it seems there are also a few other packages depending on libarchive,
and I don't know about them. But I don't think doing static build is
the common case.